Donna has spent her 25 years as a communication consultant making the esoteric simple, especially around health care. (She was one of Mercer’s thought leaders behind the development of that organization’s health care reform website.) She has served clients in the automotive, health care, security, financial, technology, and retail and hospitality sectors, specializing in a broad range of projects that embraced change in the areas of employee benefits, total rewards, human capital and compliance. The strategic solutions she has developed and implemented have helped her clients attract, motivate, reward and retain their people.
- Her career before Blue - 14 years as a Principal in Mercer’s Communication Practice (2000 – 2014), 8 years as Vice President/senior communication consultant with Sheppard Associates (1992 – 2000) and 3 years as junior benefits consultant with Buck Consultants (1989 – 1992); writer for the Muppets (Tale of the Dark Crystal, Muppet Magazine); editor (Pantheon Books).
- Her clients have included - AECOM, CalPortland, CKE Restaurants. Health Net, Securitas Security Services USA, Southwest Gas, Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
- Her awards and achievements - IABC Bronze Quill, IABC Silver Quill, Apex Awards for Communication Excellence, Dalton Pen Communication Awards. Led national webinars on health care reform.
- What drives her work - Her passion, creativity and ability to see the forest and the trees.
- What she likes to do most - Think outside the box to better explain what’s inside the box.
- What she likes to do least - Reduce critical HR information to 140 characters.
- Her education - B.A., English literature, Wellesley College; M.A., English literature, University of Michigan.
- Personal snapshot - World traveler, arts devotee (especially ballet), movie enthusiast, avid reader, cook and baker, Friend and Ambassador of The Pasadena Playhouse.